PRESS RELEASE; Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019.
____ YCW_____ Yiakel Canada Wide Encouraging Eritrean/Canadian to join and sustain the #ENOUGH movement. PRESS RELEASE Contact: Organizing Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019. The main objective is to bring
Yiakel Canada Wide
Encouraging Eritrean/Canadian to join and sustain the #ENOUGH movement.
Yiakel Canada Wide Festival will be held in Toronto, on Saturday, August 3, 2019. The main objective is to bring Eritrean-Canadians together in unity through a Canada-Wide Yiakel/Kifaya movement in common vision of ending tyranny in Eritrea and establishing rule of law and democracy.
Topics & Highlights:
- Panel discussions and workshops discussing the establishment a Canada-Wide ‘Yiakel” “Kifaya” Movement with the objective of bringing Eritrean-Canadians together in a united and coordinated voice.
- Discussions to accord public mandate to the Canada-Wide Yiakel/Kifaya movement to form coordinating committees to assume mandated tasks and to work in close conjunction with the cities.
- Discussions to promote unity, reconciliation and strengthen bonds between diverse and multi-faceted Eritrean Diaspora.
- Saturday August 3, 2019 night Live Musical Concert with Noted Eritrean Artists, Yohannes Tikabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi and Others, in Tigrigna, Tigre, Bilen and others languages.
Components of the festival
- Saturday August 3, 2019 Panel Discussion/Workshops will be held.
- Followed by live Musical Concert with well-known Artists, Yohannes Tkabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. (FAQ.)
Who can participate in this event?
- The event is open to all people of an Eritrean background and others interested in the mission and objectives of the event. In particular, we call the attention of all Eritrean who are have participated in “Enough” Campaign and take part in the Founding Congress.
What is special about this year event?
- This year’s Canada-Wide is happening a year after the much-heralded Eritrea-Ethiopia peace agreement. Unfortunately instead of introducing the much anticipated democratic changes, the Eritrean government has intensified its nefarious measures against the populace, propelling a ‘Yeakael” “Kifaya” wave of Eritreans demanding change and vowing to reclaim their destiny. For the first time, more than 13 cities of Eritrean-Canadians will take part in the Festival.
Who is organizing the event?
- The event is organized by Eritrean-Canadians Yeakel/Kifaya groups from more than 13 Canadian cities (coast-to-coast) including Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Brandon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Kitchener- Waterloo-Hamilton-Guelph, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax Buffalo (USA) and others. The organizers represent the different segments of the Eritrean diaspora community.
Is there a fee to participate in the festival?
- The workshops are offered free of charge. However, there is going to be a fee to participate the Saturday night live Musical concert. Entrance fee at the gate is $30.00.
What will happened during the cultural night/ live Musical?
- The well-known legendary artist Yohannes Tikabo, Kiflom Yekealo, and Ezaz Ghilazghi and Others, in Tigrigna, Tigre, Bilen and others languages. There will be speeches and poems as well.
The organizing committee welcomes you all. Since this is for the people by the people, the committee is eager to listen to your comments, concerns and questions. It can be at: email@example.com
Yiakel Canada Wide Festival Organizing Committee.